Acute Back Pain Care
What are The Causes of Back Pain?
Back Pain, especially Low Back Pain affects around 80% of adults worldwide, and can lead to loss of working hours, lower productivity and depression . However, 95% of back pain patients can be treated quickly with the right physiotherapy care.
Every individual experiences pain differently and the type of back pain experienced can differ based on individual lifestyles. Working one-on-one with a fully qualified physiotherapist, you will first be given a thorough postural, functional and core assessment to identify areas requiring treatment. Additionally, you will be educated on pain-relieving core stretches and exercises you can do at home. Alterations or modifications to your current posture, exercise techniques and daily routine will also be suggested within your physiotherapy sessions.
Back Pain Assessments
- Spinal Assessment
- Postural Assessment of sitting, sleeping and standing
- Muscle Length Testing
- Real Time Ultrasound Assessment and Core Assessment
- Gait Assessment
- Strength Testing
- Neurological Examination
Back Pain Treatments & Service
- Manual treatment consisting of mobilisation and manipulation (where required)
- Movement adaptations of lifting techniques and pacing
- Sport Specific Exercises addressing movement in 3 Dimensions
- Progressive exercise plan
- Pilates rehabilitation exercises
- Regular review and retesting objective measures and movement patterns
- Education and advice on your condition and preventing re-injury>
- Exercise and Lifestyle advice for pain management
- Advice on return to activities of daily living and sports
- Desk Assessment and advice
- Advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle (weight, diet, nutrition, smoking cessation, hydration)
Want to consult our physiotherapists?
You do not have access to view this content.