How Does This Running Assessment Programme Help?
At Prohealth Sports and Spinal, we believe that a good running style and correct muscle balance will lead to better running performance, faster recovery from injury, and prevention of possible future injuries. Whether you are a recreational runner or an elite athlete of any age, our expert physiotherapists can provide an in-depth analysis to ascertain where your asymmetries are and develop a customised programme to address any biomechanical issues.
This programme will assist you in planning for your first marathon, or if it’s your dream to spend days running across a desert, we can advise you on how to maintain optimal performance and remain injury-free.
These sessions will cover comprehensive discussions on current injuries, advice on common injuries like patellofemoral pain and Achilles tendinopathy, the best treatment approaches, footwear recommendations and a customised running-specific exercise prescription plan that is tailored to your strength, flexibility, alignment and movement capacity.
- Detailed subjective assessment of where you feel your issues are and how you wish to improve – This will also include a discussion about your training programme, footwear analysis, any mechanical inefficiencies, tissue stress, incorrect movement patterns etc.
- Full assessment of body alignment, posture, and leg length
- Full testing of muscle length with an emphasis on those muscles specifically designed for running
- Full testing of muscle strength with an emphasis on core muscles and those specifically required for running; this will include Real Time Ultrasound imaging of core muscles to identify any weaknesses
- Video gait analysis using a treadmill and computer software to obtain a full picture of your running style
- Discussion of assessment results and a treatment plan will be devised
Subsequent Sessions Include:
- Discussion of any issues that may have arisen since initial assessment, addressing running fault
- Manual physiotherapy treatment as required
- Individualised rehabilitation programme incorporating mobility exercises and/ or strengthening exercise prescription programme initiated using clinical Pilates and/ or gym equipment within the clinic
- Review and progression of home exercise prescription programme that includes a report with a rehab plan based on your needs
Latest Physio Tips & Articles
骨質疏鬆症和骨質減少症：您應該知道的有關骨骼健康的事實 什麼是骨質疏鬆症和骨質減少症？ 骨質疏鬆症被世界衛生組織 (WHO) 定義為一種以骨密度低和骨組織惡化導致骨脆性並因此增加骨折風險為特徵的疾病。 它通常被稱為“無聲”疾病，因為它通常在發生輕微事故後發生骨折（骨折）後才被診斷出來。 在香港，50% 的絕經後婦女患有骨質疏鬆症。骨質疏鬆症影響 45% 的 50 歲或以上女性。這不是只影響女性的疾病——香港中文大學於 2001 年進行的一項研究顯示，香港 65 歲及以上的男性中有超過 22% 患有骨質疏鬆症。 骨質減少是一種低於正常的骨密度。 它被認為是阻止損失甚至改善骨密度的“警告”區。…
Osteoporosis and Osteopenia: Facts about your bone health you should know What is osteoporosis and osteopenia? Osteoporosis is defined by the…
Shoulder Pain And Rotator Cuff Injuries Shoulder Pain Like most parts of the body, we usually take the shoulder for…