Shoulder Pain and Injuries
About Shoulder Injuries
Most patients who have experienced shoulder discomfort often complain of pain, stiffness in the joint or instability (clicking). These can be caused by a variety of reasons such as:
- Muscle strains
- Tendinopathy (tendon disorders that cause swelling or pain)
- Joint instability
- Ligament sprains and tears
Shoulder pain is particularly common among the working population, racket sports players, and throwing sports players. It is unique to each individual but often has common causes, such as rotator cuff weakness or poor sitting posture.
Our physiotherapists will assess your shoulder and provide treatments for immediate relief. Our treatments include mobilization, soft tissue release, acupuncture, shockwave therapy and more.
Additionally, our physiotherapists will tailor an individualized home exercise routine for you to relieve your pain. This will include exercise tips and tricks to help you manage your pain in the long term and a step-by-step explanation of how you can return to your daily routine or resume doing sports.
Common Shoulder Conditions We Treat
- Rotator cuff tears
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Shoulder Impingement syndrome
- Subacromial bursitis
- Subcoracoid bursitis
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Biceps tendinopathy
- Shoulder arthritis (including OA, RA and other arthritis)
- Shoulder subluxation/Shoulder dislocation (instability)
- SLAP tear
- Biceps muscle tear
- Triceps muscle tear
- Clavicle fracture
Shoulder Pain Assessment
- Shoulder assessment (e.g. range of motion, power, motor control test, etc)
- Postural assessment
- Sports technique assessment
- Activity-modification advice specified for your conditions
- Education on your condition
Shoulder Pain Treatments
- Manual therapy (e.g. mobilisation, soft tissue release, etc)
- Individualized exercise program for strengthening, flexibility, and motor control
- Dry needling/ Acupuncture (if applicable)
- Ongoing review and retesting objective measures and movement pattern
- Advice on return to norm or return to sports
- Education and advice on an injury prevention strategy
Read our article on Shoulder Pain and Rotator Cuff Injuries to learn more about managing shoulder-related pain.
Book an Appointment Today
Need help with your shoulder pain? Contact our clinics to book an appointment.
For more info, contact us at email@example.com or +852 2530 0073.