Post Natal Physiotherapy
When a woman goes through pregnancy, her body goes through a lot of changes, some of which are not desirable such as back pain, pelvic pain, incontinence, and abdominal separation. However, these changes are reversible. With the appropriate treatment, physical changes can be cured or at least the effects minimized.
Possible Post-Pregnancy Effects
- Post natal back pain or neck pain
- Post natal De Quervain or pain in the thumb and/or wrist, also called “Mummy Thumb"
- Abdominal separation or diastasis rectus
- Sacroiliac joint and pelvic pain
- Mastitis or pain in the breasts
Post Natal Assessment Services
- Posture and health assessment
- Identification of weak or underactive muscles and joints
- Identification of overactive muscles
- Assessment of the pelvis and possible misalignment
- Assessment of the severity of abdominal separation
Post Natal Treatment Services
- Manual therapy, joint realignment, acupuncture and pain-relieving modalities to treat Post natal back pain and neck pain, sacroiliac joint, and pelvic pain, or post natal De Quervain
- Postnatal Reformer Pilates to treat Abdominal Separation (Diastasis Rectus)
- Electric stimulation for Incontinence treatment
- Lymphatic massage to relieve Mastitis or breast pain
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or +852 2530 0073.
We Also Treat Other Women's Health Conditions
Our physiotherapists also provide treatments for other common women's health conditions that may affect women in all stages of life. These services include: