Pre Natal / Ante Natal Physiotherapy
How Can Pre Natal / Ante Natal Physiotherapy Help You?
Pregnancy changes our bodies in many wonderful and sometimes unexpected ways. Whether you are sailing through your pregnancy and would like some advice on how to continue that way, or if you are experiencing some “pregnancy side-effects”, our experienced physiotherapists can customise our pre-natal physiotherapy services to suit you no matter which stage of pregnancy you are in.
Common Pregnancy Related Conditions
- Back and neck pain caused by growth of the baby and additional weight gain
- Hip or pelvic pain caused by misaligned pelvic joint
- Diastasis recti or abdominal separation
- Poor core strength
- Loss of mobility & flexibility
Pregnancy Assessment Services
Pelvis assessment: To identify any pelvic or sacroiliac joint misalignment
Postural and mobility assessment: To determine asymmetries related to the growth of the baby and extra weight gain
Diastasis recti or abdominal separation assessment: To identify if there is separation of the abdominal muscles during the growth of the baby and the severity of it.
Core strength assessment: To determine the condition of the core muscles- Transverse Abdominus and pelvic floor muscles, as they are essential for preventing low back pain and sacroiliac dysfunction, which commonly cause pain during pregnancy. Additionally, good pelvic floor muscle health is also vital for preventing incontinence both during and after childbirth.
Pregnancy Treatment Services
- Manual therapy to realign the spine, pelvis, and sacroiliac joint, thus relieving back, neck, hip and pelvic pain
- One-on-one exercise sessions for strength and flexibility, thus relieving pain
- Pregnancy Pilates with Pilates Reformer for strengthening
- Core and lower limb strengthening exercises to prepare for natural delivery
Physiotherapy Advice We Can Provide
- Advice on exercise and lifestyle modification during pregnancy
- Pelvic floor exercise advice for post birth rehabilitation
- Advice on correct handling of your baby to avoid common injuries in the first weeks and months after your baby is born
Other Related Conditions We Treat
Our physiotherapists also provide treatments for other common women's health conditions that may affect women in all stages of life. These services include: