Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is a common complaint that can affect people of all ages, and can affect the young and old, active or sedentary.
It can be caused by a number of reasons such as:
- Muscle strains
- Sports injuries
- Ligament sprains
One of the most common conditions our therapists treat is Anterior Knee Pain, which is characterised by pain around the kneecap, often exacerbated by sudden increased physical activity or muscular weakness. However, knee pain is complex and our qualified physiotherapists can help identify the root cause of your problem, and assist in returning you to your training and exercise routine in no time at all.
Knee pain assessment involves many aspects, and may include:
- Alignment assessment of knees, hips, ankles & feet
- Lower limbs muscle strength and flexibility testing
- Running assessment on treadmill
- Footwear assessment
Knee pain treatment
- Hands on treatment to relieve pain and symptoms
- Techniques for soft tissue release
- Exercise rehabilitation and conditioning
- Customised exercise programme
- Biomechanical assessment of the body
Want to know more?