POSTURAL WORKSTATION ERGONOMICS PROGRAMME (1 to 6 SESSIONS)
HOW DOES THIS ERGONOMICS PROGRAMME HELP?
The number of people suffering from neck, shoulder, and back pain as a result of prolonged periods of sitting at a desk is striking. With long hours working at a desk, this places a great deal of strain on the spine and can affect your overall health. In recent years, the education and importance of ergonomics has grown as a result of greater emphasis on workplace productivity and leading healthier lifestyles. Incorrect seating, bad placement of keyboards, monitor screens at the wrong height and poor lighting can all combine to cause neck and back pain.
Our workstation ergonomics programme takes an in-depth analysis of your body’s current postural alignment and structural balance. We look at how you currently sit at your workstation, suggest changes to optimise your setup, and provide you with a plan going forward to address your musculoskeletal deficits, complemented with an endurance based strengthening programme focused on strengthening the postural muscles.Book An Appointment
*Please enquire via phone or email about special package rates for specialty treatment plans
Postural Workstation Ergonomics Programme: consists of 6 sessions
INITIAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Initial musculoskeletal assessment
- Soft tissue release
- Graded joint mobilisations
- Active range of motion stretching
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Ongoing review and treatment of the soft tissue dysfunctions
- Progressive exercise plan e.g. sitting stretches and strengthening programme
- Advice on optimising workplace station set-up in the office
- Recommendations on basic proper equipment
- Education about managing long periods of sitting e.g. changing positions, usage of standing desk
*Packages requiring less or more than 6 sessions can be customised based on individual needs and treatment plans. Frequency will be recommended by a physiotherapist on an individual basis.