Having a baby doesn’t mean you have to sit still and wait for the birth. Try out the exercises below to energise your hip, back, spine and pelvis!
A. Sitting Glut Stretch – Loosen up the hips & lower back
1. Sit on a chair and cross one leg over the other
2. Keep your back straight
3. Lean forward at the hips
4. Try to hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side
Done as often as you would like. This might prove more difficult later on when the bump gets bigger and in the way.
B. Hump and Hollow – Mobilise the whole spine & pelvis
1. On all fours
2. Tip your pelvis forward to arch your spine and look forward
3. Curl the spine under to create an arch, look at your thighs
4. Repeat this exercise between 10 – 15 times
Do this throughout the day to relieve stiffness and tension in the lower back.