Now that your kids are older, it's time to take care of your health
We would like to take this opportunity to give all mothers a shout out!
They have endured difficulty during their pregnancies.
They have endured pain intensive birthing.
They have endured sleepless nights with a newborn.
They have also endured changes in their physical appearance.
All of these in order to bring life to the world!
So now that your children are older, is time to make your health a priority.
Have you noticed that your tummy is still bulging even after giving birth?
Have you noticed the occasional back pain that comes and goes?
Have you noticed some leakage/incontinence when you cough or sneeze?
You might be suffering from Diastasis rectus (abdominal separation) leading to all these problems!
You should consider consulting a women's health physiotherapist in order to fix the root of the problem.
The women's health physiotherapist will:
- Assess and measure the severity of the abdominal separation with real-time ultrasound
- Assess back movements and muscle tightness
- Manually assess internal pelvic floor muscles and quantify the strength with a biofeedback machine
After assessment, specific treatment would be prescribed, such as:
- For abdominal separation: Reformer Pilates, core strengthening, theraband exercises, dumbbell exercise, fit ball exercise
- For back pain: posture correction, pelvis realignment, stretching, acupuncture, ultrasound, manual therapy
- For incontinence: pelvic floor reeducation, electric stimulation, strengthening exercise, food avoidance
Your health is important, so make your health a priority. Book an appointment with our women’s health physiotherapist.