Prepare your body for skiing and snowboarding
This exercise routine should be effective if done regularly. We usually recommend three times a week. Don’t hesitate to come in if you are not sure about what to do to get fit for skiing and general advice on how to prevent skiing injuries.
1. Double leg Squat
– Feet should be shoulder-width apart
– Squat down bending your knees to 90 degrees, keeping your heels on the floor
– Sit back into the squat as this makes your gluteal muscles work harder
– Do not allow your knees to fall inwards, thus maintaining a parallel position
– Do 10-15 repetitions and hold for 30 seconds at the midway point
– Repeat 2 more sets with 30 to 60 seconds rest between each
– Stand on a single leg with the other foot behind you, resting on a chair or a step
Book a session with our friendly physiotherapists for an in depth assessment.