HOW DOES THIS PRE-NATAL PROGRAMME HELP?
Pregnancy changes our bodies in many wonderful and sometimes unexpected ways. Whether you are sailing through your pregnancy and would like some advice on how to continue that way, or if you are experiencing some “pregnancy side-effects”, our pre-natal package is specially designed to suit you no matter which stage of pregnancy you are in.
Working with a fully qualified physiotherapist, you will be given a thorough core strength, stability and functional assessment to check that your body is dealing with, and continues to deal with, the rigors of pregnancy in the very best way possible. Advice on exercising throughout your pregnancy and beyond is also part of the programme plan.Book An Appointment
*Please enquire via phone or email about special package rates for specialty treatment plans
Pre-Natal Programme: consists of 2 sessions
Aimed at women at any stage of pregnancy.
- Pregnancy related back pain and neck pain
- Pelvis assessment – to identify any pelvic or sacroiliac joint misalignment
- Manual therapy – to realign the pelvis and sacroiliac joint
- Abdominal separation (diastasis rectus) assessment – to identify any abdominal separation and the severity of it
- Core strength assessment – Core muscle strength (Transverse Abdominus and pelvic floor muscles) is essential for preventing low back pain and sacroiliac dysfunction, both common causes of pain during pregnancy. Whilst good pelvic floor muscle health is also vital for preventing incontinence both during and after childbirth
- Postural assessment and correction
- Exercise and lifestyle advice during pregnancy
- Exercise programme for strength and flexibility tailored to the client’s individual needs
One-on-one exercise session
- Core and lower limb exercises to prepare for natural delivery
- Pelvic floor exercise advice for post birth rehabilitation
- Correct handling of your baby to avoid common injuries in the first weeks and months after your baby is born
Further assessment and exercises for lower and upper limb strength, as appropriate.